updated - 14th April 2013
STOP PRESS STUFF
- Following in the toeclips of the redoubtable Morgan, Bertie and Eric in 2011, yet three more club members will reach their eightieth years in 2013 still cycling - Averil, Arthur and John. Marvellous achievements!
- The Family Fun Run has been re-scheduled to a Sunday this year to see how that suits participating families. This will be the 23rd of June. All help will be gratefully received.
- Does anyone have a large frame (to suit a 6'3" height) bike in reasonable condition that they want to sell for around the £100 mark? Sounds like Morgan's height! If so please contact me (Chris S.) on 01455 213927. Cheers.
- The Committee decided that a paper map indicating the tea rooms we visit would be a good idea. Most of us are aware of their locations but it's always useful for new riders and for those who take on ride leader's roles. Bill Hayward and I have had a go at producing one - the result is on the Maps page as a PDF file. We'd welcome any further locations we've missed. I see that Coventry have also made a very good fist of doing the same - click on this link Coventry Area Tea Rooms
- Please inform me of any difficulties in uploading Local Maps Routes to your computer or any other info. Paper copies are still available from Committee members.
- A CTC member has to indicate which section receives his/her membership fee or, by default, it goes to the DA (if it exists) in which the member lives - that means anyone who lives in Leicestershire but rides with Nuneaton - unless they state to National - their membership money (or that part of it that is allocated out) is used by Leicestershire DA.
- This looks an interesting journey!
Ed Healey's Tamworth to Nuneaton Cycle Route
- Julie Rand is the coordinator for CTC Member Groups. She aims to provide a good service and answer all your queries promptly via the new dedicated email direct link or on 01483 238308.
- The Times initiative for cycling safety - website address: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/cyclesafety/
info. provided by - George Riches Secretary, Coventry Cycling Campaign
- Petition against compulsory cycle helmets in Northern Ireland