- Sadly Ann Jenkins lost her husband, David, last week - quite suddenly. I'm sure our thoughts will be with her and her family at this time of loss. Best wishes, Ann.
- Next Committee Meeting is on 27th March at 7:00pm - Ambleside. The progress of deciding Club Colours will be one of the items discussed.
- My apologies for having entirely overlooked updating the rides list. I had a lot on my mind in January - hence the oversight. I've now corrected my error.
- Earlier this year the CTC 'umbrella' organisation - to which our subscriptions go and from which funding comes, decided to change its name to Cycling UK. There has been no formal decision, by the Committee, to change our current name from 'Nuneaton ctc Cycle Club' but, in view of the Organisation's change (if later confirmed by a vote of the Membership) it may be deemed appropriate to amend the local name in accordance.
- The article on the Road Justice Campaign has been on the site for some time but I'm reluctant to completely scrub it. CTC’s Road Justice campaign began in June of 2013. What Rhia Weston stated, "The justice system is failing cyclists..." has not changed - we all see irresponsible drivers every time we go out on the bike. If successive governments can't protect cyclists by creating purpose-built cycle-ways, then failing to instruct the judiciary to throw the book at car and lorry drivers who threaten, injure, maim and commit manslaughter is a culpable dereliction of their responsibility to us as our leaders. It's almost as bad as the US gun-culture - as well as having the right to drive, motorists also don't want to take the responsibility that brings! Causing injury by not taking care should result in those rights being withdrawn - until the driver can demonstrate, by petitioning, that they've become able to drive responsibly. It's up to us to pressure the powers-that-be to shift their backsides. Take the opportunity whenever you can. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A CTC member has to indicate which section receives his/her membership fee or, by default, it goes to the DA (if it exists) in which the member lives - that means anyone who lives in Leicestershire but rides with Nuneaton - unless they state to National - their membership money (or that part of it that is allocated out) is used by Leicestershire DA.
- Julie Rand is the coordinator for CTC Member Groups. She aims to provide a good service and answer all your queries promptly via the new dedicated email direct link or on 01483 238308.
- The Times initiative for cycling safety - website address:
(info. provided by - George Riches Secretary, Coventry Cycling Campaign)
- Petition against compulsory cycle helmets in Northern Ireland